The Adventurer program is designed to support parents in assisting children with the challenging task of developing fully as followers of Christ in today’s world. The Adventurer program aims to strengthen the parent/child relationship and further the child’s development in spiritual,physical, mental, and social areas. In this way, the church and school can work together with the parent to develop a mature, happy child.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children.
- to develop a Christ-like character
- to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
The St. John’s Seventh-day Adventist Church is operating their programs for children ages 3-9 in this group. We have a Little Lambs program and Eager Beavers program that is designed for the younger children so they can establish a relationship with Jesus Christ in their first stages of life that will carry them throughout the rest of their life knowing and acknowleding who their Creator is and what he has done for them.
Children ages 6 and up will begin the Adventurers program which will continue to build on the fundamental basics of Christ and his love for each one of us. Children in this program will also look at various parts of the Bible, bible history and people who help us live Christian lives everyday!
Through the use of stories, songs, games and crafts children develop their sense of worth as being part of a larger family; understand how to interact with others, make decisions, gain positive attitudes and learn how to best serve Jesus.
Our club meets every second Sabbath afternoon @ 4pm in the Church basement for 1.5 hours. Our address is 30 Aldershot St., St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Adventurer Family Network Meetings
We will be starting an Adventurers Family Network Meeting for parents to participate in free of children to share frustrations and triumphs of parenting and to share new ideas with each other.
Adventurer Family Network (AFN) allows parents the opportunity to come together in an atmosphere of love to discuss issues that will help their children to benefit in all aspects of life. Many topics will be discussed based on interest levels. These meetings can take on many different formats; Book study group, Viewing a video and discussing the content, Q& A session, Field trips, prayers, panel of experts discussions. Some of these formats could be arranged simultaneously depending on the interest levels of specific topics. Meetings are designed and arranged to benefit parents!!!
The Adventurer Club is a Family Club where parents:
- are able to use their gifts to teach an award; make advertising posters; type letters, be counsellors, plan special events or supervise games
- attend family nights and special events
- are entrusted with the precious gift of children for the purpose of training them for the kingdom of God
- are able to use the “My Family” component of the curriculum to provide your children the opportunity to help them reach their goals.
The AFN meetings will allow you to discuss how to complete our goals as parents and to create a program where they can meet new individuals and grow spiritually with them while interacting in a variety of environments.
For more information please contact Nikki Norine or Michaelina Pappoe at: email@example.com